April 30, 2012
- Start writing my first research paper: Not yet. Still stuck collecting data.
- Start writing my thesis: Not yet. Same as above.
- Write a screenplay for http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/ : Success! Wrote over 100 pages, claimed the title.
- Start the http://hundredpushups.com/ : Started it. Not as easy as it sounds.
- Lose 10 pounds (currently at ~200) : Not quite. Today’s weigh-in: 198.
Score: 2 out of 5: Not so good.
April 16, 2012
- When a red light changes to green, the first car will not go. It just won’t.
- Turn signals are only to be used when you don’t even intend to turn.
- It is customary for you to park your car in the right lane of traffic, even when the parking lane has ample room to pull over.
- The parking lane is for passing.
- The passing lane is for parking.
- No matter how long a car has stopped traffic, if anyone honks even once, that person is immediately obligated to flip you all off. And keep sitting there.
- It’s ok for you to endanger drivers in several lanes simultaneously if it means you can get even one car ahead in the traffic.
- When you are forced to merge, do not do so until the very last moment.
- SEPTA buses do not always stop at red lights. Sometimes, regular cars do not stop either.
- “One way” does not mean what you think it means.
Stay tuned for next week’s installment: Guidelines for parking in Philadelphia.
April 16, 2012
Whatever you do, aim for G.O.A.T.
April 13, 2012
Striving for some big goals.
April 2, 2012
So I can keep track of my progress.
Today: Day 1 of the hundred pushups program. I don’t think I’ll be able to do 100 after just six weeks, or that I can even stick to the program the whole time, but we’ll see.
Current Weight: 196. So I want to be 186 by the end of April.